The following Rules and Regulations are subject to change at anytime.
So please keep up to date and check this page for any updates.
SAFETY FIRST - PLEASE OBSERVE ALL SAFETY NOTICES, ANNOUNCEMENTS AND WARNINGS.
IF YOU SEE SOMETHING UNSAFE PLEASE CONTACT THE REGATTA COMMITTEE OR ONE OF ITS STAFF AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
RIVER TORRIDGE IS A TIDAL RIVER, HAS STRONG CURRENTS & UNDERCURRENTS, EVEN AT LOW TIDE... BE CAREFUL!
- The committee reserves the right to amend, alter or rescind anything contained herein without notice.
- All Competitors compete at their own risk & liability.
- All boats loaned to the Regatta Committee are done so at the owners own risk.
- Prizes must be collected at the Prize Giving or forfeited.
- All engraving to be the responsibility of the trophy winner.
- All cups received must be maintained and returned in good condition and are the responsibility of the Winner/holder who indemnifies the committee against loss or damage.
- All boats racing must keep within the buoyed course as instructed.
- All Fees due must be paid before the Regatta Start Date.
ROWING & SAILING
- All W.E.A.R.A. rowing races finish at the Lower Mark Boat
- All rowing races are to be rowed under W.E.A.R.A. rules
- All rowing races are to be kept within the buoyed course.
- Numbers indicate position drawn for outrigged races. No 1 berth Instow side of River.
- Particulars of races not given will be announced on the Public Address System.
- The success of the Regatta depends upon Competitors being at the starting line on time.
- All Crews to report to the Boat Marshall half an hour before the start of the race.
- All Crews to be at the start 5 minutes before programme time.
- All boats to be launched from Instow Sands.
- All competitors and officials take part at their own risk.
WEST OF ENGLAND AMATEUR ROWING ASSOCIATION - W.E.A.R.A.
MODEL YACHT RACING
TROPHIES, CLASSES AND RESTRICTIONS
PLEASE NOTE: REMOTE CONTROLLED OR MOTORISED MODEL YACHTS ARE NOT PERMITTED IN ANY CLASS
For further information please contact the Regatta Secretary.
The Valentine Perpetual Trophy
Class Specification: Open Race: For monohull yachts not exceeding 3ft 6in
The Jack Farthing Cup
Presented by his Sister in Jack’s memory.
Class Specification: For monohull yachts not exceeding 1ft 9in
The Knapman Cup
Presented by Mr Syd Eastman
Class Specification: For monohull yachts not exceeding 2ft 3in
The Roy Williams Cup
Presented by Mrs Williams in Memory of Roy Williams
Class Specification: For monohull yachts not exceeding 3ft 0in – excluding 36in Restricted Class Yachts.
The Bidna Yard Cup
Presented by the Lamey Family in memory of W. J Lamey Esq
Class Specification: For monohull yachts not exceeding 36in Restricted Class Yachts. Yachts in the Restricted Class must not be more than 36in long, 9in beam and 11in deep with total weight of not more than 12lb.
The Horace Ford Memorial Trophy
Presented by the four sons of Horace Ford in his memory.
Class Specification: For monohull yachts not exceeding 2ft 3in to be sailed by Children under 14 years of age on Race Day. Sails to be slackened by yacht owners then Children set and sail their own Yachts.
The Kevin Conway Memorial Cup
Presented by the family of Kevin Conway
Class Specification: For monohull yachts not exceeding 3ft in length for Children under 14 years old on Race Day.
The Bassie Lobbett Classic Cup
Presented by Peter Reveley in his memory
Class Specification: For wooden monohull yachts not exceeding 3ft, with wooden masts & woven sails.
Tommy Fishwick Cup
Presented by Fishwick Family
Class Specification: For monohull yachts exceeding 3ft 6in
The Multihull Shield
Presented by George Evans
Class Specification: For multihull yachts not exceeding 3ft 3.37in(1 meter)
Sidney Kidney Cup
Presented by J Screech in memory of his Wife Betty
Class Specification: For Overall Event Winner
Yacht Racing Points awarded:
1 st Place : 3 points
2nd Place: 2 points
3rd Place: 1 point